Amazon

Wednesday, February 5, 2014

Being Mary Jane - Mixed Messages - The #2 Speech





So let me get my disclaimer out the way - I love this show. I love Gabrielle in it.  I watch it faithfully every Tuesday night!!!

With that said. I was doing my usual blog run today and most of the bloggers I follow was discussing Being Mary Jane's no.2 speech.  I understand where she was coming from.  I'm no saint myself and we gone leave it at that. She's in love with this woman's husband and want him for herself. The wife comes in the joint and subliminally blowed it up and Mary Jane needed to do some recon and let the wife know he still licking me whenever I want. So I completely understand. 

BUT WHY BE A NO. 1 OR A NO.2?

 WHO SAID THERE IS HONOR IN BEING THE BOTTOM BITCH?

I'm sorry. I've hit this age and  severe lack of tolerance for bullshit that I don't want to share, especially not my man.  You'd be better off stealing a piece of meat from a pit-bull then fucking with my emotions.  I'm not the 1, the 2, or the 3!

If I can't be the only one then miss me with the bullshit of the number 2 position.  

I don't want to be the one he trusts to take care of his business, wash his clothes, take his shit, the one he supposedly "really loves and cares about." FUCK THAT! Actions speaks volumes and most women these days are taking men for the value of their words and THEIR WORDS DONT MEAN SHIT! 

See it from a wife's point of view. He comes home because that's where he lives. Not because he wants to be there. Not because he enjoys being there. But because his shit is there. Even if he has shit strolled all across town a majority of it is at the place he gets his mail.  He shit, shower, and shave and goes to the other bitch house happy and full of life. Giving this bitch his happy face, his I "like you this is where I want to be" attitude.  Not the bullshit. Not the work.  And although it seems that I am glorifying the No. 2 position I'm not. Because she doesn't get the actual holidays, outings, family events.  She gets the sex and the happy person but not much else and not when she wants BUT when HE wants.

So what honor is there to being the No.2? What honor is there to being the No.1? 



There is a big difference between love and like.  You can love a person but NOT LIKE them  at all! This is not the same as the stages to love, where you like the person first then love them.  I used to love my ex-husband and didn't like him. NOW I don't Love or LIKE him.  I'm indifferent. I don't wish him no harm but I ain't gone cry at his funeral either.  If he ran by me on fire, IF there's a bucket of water handy I might throw it on him but I aint going out my way to find water. 

People are so use to dysfunctional relationships these days that it is becoming the norm. And although that's true it still don't make it right.  KNOW the difference people. 

Stop glorifying that Bottom Bitch Syndrome.  WE ARE WORTHY OF MUCH MORE!!!!!

Check out Kain's Bottom Bitch Theory - by hotdamnirock

1 comment:

  1. I whole heartedly agree. I love watching this show because I clearly understand that this is a story line but last night I was watching the end commentary..."How are you Mary Jane" and that bothered me because now this story line is becoming realistic. Yes, I understand being Mary Jane (a side chick) happens everyday but I just feel like this commentary encourages lonely, desperate women to find any man- married or not. Where are women's standards and morals these days? It's especially sad when kids are involved.

    ReplyDelete